JK 430N Nav Problems

Back to General Discussion

NOTE: Guests cannot currently post to this Forum. If you would like to join the club, click here.

Saturday, March 11, 2017 12:59pm

Anyone had problems with the Nav freezing or other Nav issues with the 430N. I had intermittant problems until the dealer changed the radio. Now it's stuck on the Navigation by Garmin screen. The Issue is discussed on the Wrangler Forum at http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/nav-system-hangs-up-on-guidance-by-garmin-screen-1021905.html.

Worst of all is that I took it to Courtesy because the engine failed to turn over, i.e. dead battery. Did this twice. After 3 days in shop I got it back with the UConnect hands free not working. So they ordered a radio. The hands free is actually a separate module so I didn't think changing the radio would fix the problem. Sure enough, that didn't fix it. So I took it home and connected the hands free connector and that fixed the problem. Then about a month later the Nav froze up.

I changed the battery myself (should have been warranty) and haven't had the starting problem since.

Regarding Courtesy, awhile back I took the Jeep in because the temp conrol on ac wasn't working. Took 3 days because they ordered the wrong part. 

Also the guy wrote down the wrong mileage, 38k vice actual 28k and tried to tell me his reader spit that out so I didn't know what I was talking about. Had to show him it was 28k. They also said they put the old radio back in, but they didn't. It has the new radio which cost $15 to change with Sirius.

thumbnail

JonesBones
1995 Jeep YJ