Sand to Snow 4x4 Trek: Sunday, March 24, 2013 8am

CV4W
March 6th 2013
Return to Events and Treks Discussion
  • March 6th 2013
  • CV4W
This is the official starter topic for the Sand to Snow 4x4 Trek event.

Click here for Event Details.

This event was last updated on Wednesday, March 06, 2013 10:10am.
  • March 6th 2013
  • CV4W

This event has been updated

This event has been updated!

Click here for Event Details.

charlie, do you have more details on this trek?  is it all in BBear or do we end up in xyz?  About how long do you think the run will be..half day, all day, etc, total miles?

hoping I can make this one!

Sand to Snow

Hi Scotch. Hope you can make it too! Should be a lot of fun. Good questions on the trek. If the run is similar to the reconnoiter run we did with Greg last weekend, we started the trek from Discovery Center to Hwy 18 to Lucerne Valley and took 3N36 4x4 road to Blackhawk Mine.  We traversed around the backside of the mountain with a few other stops in between. We then headed up Rattlesnake Canyon toward the Rose Mine. We did a few extra credit loop trails in between. We finished up crossing Arrastre Creek and back to the Discovery Center. Not sure if Greg will change up the Run on the 24th but I think the trails we do will be similar to our reconnoiter run. It will be an all day event. We started at 8 am and ended the day about 5:30 pm.

Tundra

Charlie,

Do you think my Tundra pick up is capable of making the run?  Stock TRD 4 wheel drive, street tires, limited slip rear end.

Sand to Mountain

Hi Camperman

There were a few rocky spots that may be tough for the Tundra but we can pull or winch you through those parts. I am going to upload a short video of the prerun we did in February so you can see what the trail looks like. Let me know what you think after you watch the video.

Charlie

Return to Events and Treks Discussion