Big Bear Four Wheel Drive Tour: Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:15am

CV4W
July 27th 2013
Return to Events and Treks Discussion
  • July 27th 2013
  • CV4W
This is the official starter topic for the Big Bear Four Wheel Drive Tour event.

Click here for Event Details.

This event was last updated on Friday, July 26, 2013 11:29pm.
  • July 27th 2013
  • CV4W

This event has been updated

This event has been updated!

Click here for Event Details.

anyone thinking about doing this?  I'd like to, but do not have an air compressor at the moment from last weekend trek in big bear!

Big Bear Four Wheel Drive Tour

Hi Zac,  I will be attending the trek. I'll have my viair compressor and I'll bring my extra smittybuilt compressor too. Let me know if you are going to make it.

How was the trek?  Wish I could have made it but things got in the way.

Hey buddy,

It was a great day - was hoping you'd make it last minute. Small group of 8 rigs to start. One rig fell out early due to engine misfiring so we were down to 7 rigs. We covered alot of ground. Greg did an awesome interpretational tour starting at the Big Bear Discovery Center. Learned alot of new things about Big Bear that I never knew before. We went up Polique Canyon into Holcomb Valley and stopped at a few of the historical posts.  Greg told us some pretty incredible stories about the past and recent history - and of course we had to make the obligatory stop at the "Hangman's Tree". We then went to Artic Canyon and great views of Lucerne Valley. After that we headed over to the White Mountain Trail - Steep Rocky and fun trail. Had lunch at Windy Point - more great views. Went down to Coyote Flat and then over to Grapevine Canyon and then through a maze of huge granite boulders that defy the laws of physics. Headed back toward Holcomb Creek and then back out to Fawnskin. We picked up some trash along the way too.

Charlie

Return to Events and Treks Discussion